Cin7 Orderhive purchase management feature will allow you to centralize your purchases for easy inventory management.
You can create online purchase orders and send them to your supplier with just a few clicks. A purchase order (PO) is a commercial document issued by a buyer to a seller, indicating products, quantities, and agreed prices and payments for products or services. It is widely used to control the purchasing of products and services from external suppliers and vendors.
Creating a purchase order is very similar to sales order creation in Cin7 Orderhive. To add a purchase order, please follow the below steps:
- Go to Purchases from the left side of the screen and click on New option.
- Now, start entering all the relevant details.
- You'll need to add a supplier to the purchase order. If you have already created a supplier you wish to add to this order, you can simply select that supplier or create a new supplier from the Suppliers module.
- Next, select the warehouse in which you wish to receive the products, payment term, and currency in which you wish to raise the PO.
- Now, you need to add products to your purchase order. Cin7 Orderhive gives you the ability to quickly search from existing products.
- While adding a product in Cin7 Orderhive, you will get an option to assign a supplier. If you have assigned suppliers to your products, then you can use the Add all products of selected supplier option. Cin7 Orderhive will automatically add all the products that were assigned to the selected supplier.
- You can even add your products using Barcode scanning. This is a quicker way to add products. You can either individually scan the products or in bulk. Simply point the focus on the Add Items text box and start scanning the barcodes of the products through a scanner. As soon as the product is added you will be able to update the quantity of the product. Also, scanning the same product multiple times will increase its quantity in the PO.
- Enter price and tax percentage (if any). On entering these details, Cin7 Orderhive will automatically calculate and show the final price under the Amount section.
- Now, if you want to add extra items to the purchase order, then enter the Item title and click on Add Custom Item. Extra items can be shipping, gift wrap charges, etc.
- Lastly, click on Raise to create the purchase order. After clicking on Raise, the PO will be displayed in the Awaiting Receipt section.
To keep it in Draft state, click on Draft just beside the Raise option. You can then at any time, edit details and raise the purchase order.
Not getting what you need? Chat with our product expert immediately.