Dropshipment can be done in Orderhive once you have added dropshippers in your account. In the dropshipment process, users can directly transfer their customer orders and shipment details to their manufacturer or supplier who then will ship the order directly to the customer.
Here's how you can drop ship using Orderhive:
- Go to the Orders tab.
- If the order is in To Confirm status, you need to first Approve the order.
- Open the Order you want to dropship and click on the Drop Ship button.
- You can also select the order from the Orders page and Drop Ship it directly from there.
- It will redirect to a verification page, where you can verify details like Ship To and Bill To address, warehouse to be drop shipped from, quantity to be drop shipped, available quantity currently for the product added in the order etc.
- The dropshipper added in your account will be selected by default in case you choose to drop ship. In case of more than one dropshipper, you can choose the required one from the warehouse dropdown which consists of both drop shipper and non-drop shipper warehouses.
- Note: Choosing a dropshipper warehouse means proceeding with the drop shipping process, however, if you choose a non-drop shipper warehouse, it will process the order like a normal shipment.
- There are different options with Toggle buttons to achieve various other tasks.
- Create invoice for selected items - If this toggle is ON, invoice will be created for the order and will also sync with any accounting channel if integrated.
- Create task for shipment - If this toggle is ON, a new shipment task will be created.
- Create shipment label & packing slip and email to dropshipper along with order template - If this toggle is ON, before dropshipping, a new page will be displayed to generate the shipment label & packing slip which will be sent to the dropshipper.
- Create purchase order for this shipment - if you keep this toggle on, a purchase order will be raised for this sales order.
- Do not add stock in inventory when this PO is received - If you keep this toggle on, while receiving the PO, the quantity will not be added in the inventory .
- Enter the dropship quantity. By default, the dropship quantity will be the same as the ordered quantity. However, if you want to only drop ship certain quantity, you can edit the quantity.
- Lastly, Click on Drop Ship.
- Orderhive will email your dropshipper a PDF document. You can add another email address if needed, in the Copy To section.
- If you do not wish to enter another email address, simply click on Yes.
- The drop shipment is then created and the order will be marked as Shipped and the shipment status will be marked as Pending.
- Once the order is marked as Shipped, here's how you can update shipping and tracking details for drop shipped orders:
- Once your dropshipper ships the products and sends you courier and tracking information via email, you can update it here in Orderhive.
- You can directly click on the Shipment from the order detail page which is going to redirect you to the shipment detail page of the particular order
- Go to the Shipments tab. Paste the order number in the Search bar and click on the result that comes in the dropdown list.
- It will open the shipment of the order to update the details.
- Select the relevant Courier and enter tracking number received from the drop shipper.
- Click on Save.
- The shipment along with courier and tracking number is saved successfully and the status of the shipment changes to To Handover.
- Upon receiving an update from the drop shipper of a successful handover of the parcel to the end customer, you can click on Deliver button here in Orderhive.
- The Order and Shipment status is now Complete.
- You can now perform different operations like Clone Order, Create PO, Print Order, Print and Download Invoice if created, Email the order etc just like in a normal Sales Order to this drop shipped order as well.
Not getting what you need? Chat with our product expert immediately.