Along with creating invoicing, payments can also be logged for orders. This is also useful in case you use any accounting integrations as this information is synced across the integrated accounting platform.
Now, there are two ways to create payments:
Without creating an invoice:
- Payment can be created directly from the orders listing page or from the orders listing page that have been received.
- From the order listing page, select the order for which payment needs to be created and click on Log Payment.
- Alternatively, you can go to the order details page, click on the + icon in the Transactions section and then click on Log Payment.
- While creating the payment, the payment date, mode of payment, amount, and remarks (if any) can be added.
- While logging payment, Cin7 Orderhive allows selecting the date on which the payment was received.
- The mode of payment can be selected from the available list and then click on Done. You can add your own Custom Payment Method from Settings > Transactions > Payment Methods.
- The Amount field will display the order amount for which the payment has to be logged.
- And if there are any remarks associated with that particular payment, they can be recorded in the Remarks section.
- Once all these details have been entered, click on Done.
- The Payment log can also be seen in the Transactions section from the orders detail page.
- A payment log will be created with all the above-mentioned details. After that, you can download/print the payment receipt, edit or delete the payment as well.
- In case the customer has only made partial payment against the invoice, you can enter the amount accordingly. This will display the rest of the amount under Balance Due.
- For example, if the invoice is $260,100, a payment of $100,000 is created. Cin7 Orderhive will display Balance Due as $160,100, which you can accept in the future from your customer.
Create Payments in Bulk:
- For creating Payments in bulk, select the orders for which the payment needs to be created and then click on Log Payment.
- It will prompt confirmation before creating the payments in bulk.
- Click on Yes, Create.
- You’ll get a confirmation message on the order page itself stating Payment has been created.
Create Payments while creating the invoices:
Another way of creating payments is, creating them along with creating invoices for orders. When orders are selected, you can click on the Create Invoices button. It’ll open a new dialogue box as shown in the screenshot below.
Enable Add payment to invoice and then continue with creating the invoice.
Once the invoice is created, Payment will be added along with the invoice.
Supported Payment Gateway Integrations:
Currently, Cin7 Orderhive supports Stripe, Authorize.net, Braintree & Paypal Pro, as leading online payment processors.
Not getting what you need? Chat with our product expert immediately.