Custom status in Sales order:
Whenever you have different stages of Sales order processing, whether in Manufacturing or Dropshipping, Cin7 Orderhive gives you the flexibility of adding custom statuses in the orders which allows the exact tracking of the order status.
There are a few default statuses available in the Sales orders: Not Confirmed, Confirmed, Shipped, Partially Shipped, Delivered, Cancelled, Returned and Archived.
If there are any extra statuses that you want to add in-between any of the default statuses provided by Cin7 Orderhive, you need to follow the below process:
- On the Orders page, click on the Custom Status button at the bottom and then click on the + sign against the status after which you want to create the new custom status.
- Add the status name and an optional description and click on Create. This will create a custom status.
- If you want to Edit or Delete any existing custom status, click on the custom status button at the bottom. You will be able to see all the created and default statuses. Here, you will see the icons to Edit or Delete any custom status. In Edit, you can change the name and the description of the status.
- Status of any order can be changed by selecting the order and clicking on the Change Status button at the bottom. The same can be done for multiple orders.
Things to remember while changing the order status of an order to a custom status:
- Even though there could be as many custom statuses as possible, the quantities deduction and addition in Available and Outgoing fields work exactly only between the default statuses. In other words, the custom statuses do not impact the quantity changes, only the default statuses can impact the quantity changes.
- All the custom statuses can be considered as intermediate stages between the default stages. So, any order can be moved to a custom status that falls between the default stages that the order currently lies in.
For example, let's say there is a custom status "In Processing" between the Confirmed and Shipped stages, and a custom status "Picked by Courier" after the Shipped stage. Now if you want to move an order, that is in the Confirmed stage to a custom status then it can be moved to the "In Processing" stage only and not to "Picked by Courier" since that is the only custom status that falls between Confirmed and Shipped.
- If there are multiple custom statuses between default stages, then the order can be moved in between all the custom statuses that exist between the default stages and also to the last default stage.
- There can be custom statuses even after Cancelled or Returned stages and order status can be moved after these stages as well.
Custom Status in Purchase order:
Similar to Sales Orders, Purchase Orders too have some default statuses: Draft, Raised, Partially Received, Fully Received, Closed, Cancelled. The custom status functionality works exactly like how it works in the Sales orders.
Not getting what you need? Chat with our product expert immediately.