A packing slip is a shipping document that comes with an order, usually inside an attached shipping pouch or inside the package itself which lists the items included in the shipment.
Cin7 Orderhive allows downloading as well as print packing slips for each of your orders either individually or in bulk. A packing slip can be generated only for Shipped and Completed orders.
Downloading/Printing packing slip from Orders module:
- Go to Orders.
- Double click on any Shipped or Completed order to open it.
- Hover on the Shipment section of the order and you will see a 3 dot menu. Click on it and it will display the option of downloading and printing the packing slip.
- Clicking on Download Packing Slip button will open a packing slip PDF in a new tab.
Cin7 Orderhive also allows customizing the format of the packing slips according to your business requirements. Here’s how you can customize a packing slip:
- Go to Settings
- Click on Shipping and scroll down to Packing Slip Templates
- A list of all the packing slip templates present in the account will be displayed here. By default, there is a Standard template present in the account.
- You can customize your own packing slip based on your requirements by clicking on Create Packing Slip Template.
- The custom template is in HTML format in which you can choose the fields that you wish to display on the template.
- Any Name can be given to the template for your reference.
- You can also use the Insert Values fields given on the right, in your template.
- Custom insert values for entities like Shipment Details, Product Details, Package Details, Order Details, and Barcode are available to be included by just a click on the relevant field at the required place in the template.
- After drafting the custom email template, click on Save.
- You can also Preview the template to see how it will appear when you download the packing slip for any order.
- Amongst the created templates, you can star mark a template to set it as default. This will automatically print the packing slip in this particular format. Click on Save after you have made the necessary changes.
- The custom packing slip template can be edited or deleted at any given point of time.
Downloading/Printing Packing Slip from Shipments module:
- Go to Shipments.
- Select the shipments in bulk for which the packing slip needs to be downloaded.
- Click on Packing Slip with a printer icon to print the packing slip or click on More to see the option for downloading the packing slip.
- You can also go to the shipment detail page to print or download the packing slip
Not getting what you need? Chat with our product expert immediately.