With Cin7 Orderhive it is possible to partially ship an order and process them later as needed.
Partial shipments mean that you can create multiple shipments for the items inside a single order. There can be multiple use cases when you would require partial shipments,
- You need to ship only a certain set of products based on the stock availability.
- You wish to select different warehouses for shipping the items.
- A few items in the Order are meant for Dropshipping.
Before you proceed with partial shipments make sure the setting to enable this feature for your account is active, to enable or recheck the same please follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings
- Select the Orders option.
- Verify if the Allow Orders to be Partially Shipped option is active.
The process of partially shipping order is similar to that of shipping an order.
- Go to the Orders module.
- Select the order you want to Partially ship.
- Click on the Ship option.
- Adjust the quantity to that which needs to be shipped and click on Next.
- Note - Bundle Products can not be partially shipped.
- For shipping, only certain items, items that are to be shipped later can be adjusted to 0.
- Upon clicking on Next, these three options will be displayed on the screen.
- New Shipping Label: For generating shipping labels with integrated carrier accounts.
- Existing Shipment: For marking the order as shipped and adding Carrier name & Tracking no.
- Deliver Shipment: For marking the order directly as delivered.
- Create the shipment with the adjusted quantity.
- The Order will move under the partially shipped status, which can be shipped whenever planned.
- A shipment for the products that were shipped in the process of partial shipment will be created.
- For changing the warehouse while shipping the remaining items in a partially shipped order, click on the dropdown in the ship from option and choose the desired warehouse.
Note: Once you partially ship an order, the status will get changed to Partially Shipped. On fulfilling the entire order, the status will then get marked as Shipped.
Not getting what you need? Chat with our product expert immediately.