Serialization is mainly used to track different units or pieces of the same product. The serial number is assigned to each unit of the inventory for tracking during its lifecycle. Serial numbers must be unique and they also help in managing the inventory. This is typically applied in cases of high value products (e.g. electronics, jewelry) where tracking of each item sold by their serial number is important.
Cin7 Orderhive lets you attach serial numbers with the products.
Note: Serial numbers will be removed automatically once the product with that particular serial number is shipped.
Adding serial numbers to the products:
Serial numbers can be added to products in two ways:
- From the Product details page
- From the Product list page
Adding serial numbers from the Products detail page:
- Go to the Products module.
- Search the product.
- Click on the product name to open it’s detail page.
- Scroll down to the Serial Numbers section
- Click on the + button.
- Type the serial numbers and press the enter key to add it.
- Click on the Save button after adding the serial numbers.
- All the serial numbers will be listed under the Serial Numbers heading.
- The serial number will be automatically removed from the list, once the product associated with the relevant serial number is shipped.
Adding serial numbers from the Products list page:
- Go to the Products Module.
- Select the product.
- Click on More.
- Click on add serial number.
- Type the serial numbers and press the enter key to add them.
- Click on the Save button after adding all serial numbers.
Not getting what you need? Chat with our product expert immediately.